The first decision you need to make is where you want FileThis Fetch to store the documents it collects for you. Options include your computer, Evernote, Dropbox and other cloud storage services to come later. If you opt for your computer, remember that your files are only as secure as your computer. Make sure your computer is not accessible to the public and that it is backed up regularly. If you opt for storing files in your Evernote or other cloud storage account, your files are stored on the cloud and continually backed up.
To get started, click the Destination tab at the top of the main FileThis Fetch window.
Storing Documents on Your Computer
To have FileThis Fetch collect documents and organize them in a folder on your computer:
1. In the Destination tab of FileThis Fetch, click your computer’s icon.
2. Click Install at the bottom of the Document Destination area.
3. Select a destination for the downloaded installer. Double-click the installer to launch it and enter your system’s password if necessary.
4. In the Install FileThis Fetch dialog box, follow the prompts to install the application.
5. When the installation is complete, click Close.
6. To set up the FileThis Fetch desktop application, first enter your account’s Email address and Password into the Account dialog box. Click Continue.
7. Specify where to place the FileThis Fetch folder in the Location dialog box. Click Continue.
8. Specify details about the FileThis Fetch application’s startup, updates, and menu icon in the General dialog box. Click Continue.
9. To immediately open your new FileThis Fetch document folder, check Open My FileThis Fetch Folder Now. Click Finish.
Once you set up connections, FileThis Fetch will collect the existing documents from your accounts and organize them in your FileThis Fetch folder. Thereafter, FileThis Fetch will collect new documents as they become available. Be sure to schedule regular backups for your computer.
Storing Documents in Evernote or other cloud storage service
To have FileThis Fetch collect documents and organize them within your Evernote (or other cloud storage) account:
1. In the Destination tab of FileThis Fetch, click Evernote.
2. Click Authorize at the bottom of the Document Destination area.
3. If you are not already logged in to your Evernote account, you will be taken to the Evernote login page to login. Once logged in to Evernote, and the Allow Account Access window displays, click Authorize.
4. When the Congratulations window displays, click its close box to return to FileThis Fetch.
5. You can now start setting up connections.
Once you set up connections, FileThis Fetch will collect the existing documents from your accounts and organize them into Notebooks in Evernote. Thereafter, FileThis Fetch will collect new documents as they become available.